Sweepster SB Pick up broom - STANDARD SERIES
The SB Hopper Broom (SSL Collector Sweeper — Hydraulic Drive) by Sweepster handles quick cleanup in construction, municipal and industrial applications. It features a reinforced hopper, a reinforced cutting edge, additional welds between the cutting edge bolts, and five wear bars on the underside of the hopper. This is a bi-directional broom that sweeps forward to pick up dirt in tight areas and the direct-drive bush motor eliminates chains and sprockets.
- Standard duty
- Direct-drive motor powered from loader hydraulics
- 10-25 GPM flow required (2,000-3,500 psi)
- 26" brush diameter
- 5', 6', 7' brush widths available
- Brush head reversible for "dust panning" debris
- Dump bucket by lifting arms
- Quick change core
- Equipped with 1/2 wire - 1/2 poly brushes
This broom has been out in the market place since the mid 1990's. The product is very reliable and field tested.
Here are some common answer to issues with brooms.
- There are two hydraulic pump options. You need to know the flow off the machine that will run the broom. The machine flow range should fall in the hydraulic pump flow range.
- There are two brush options the most popular is the wire / poly option. This option increase the life of the brushes. The second option is all poly brushes. This options will sweep better but the brushes will not last as long as the poly / wire option.
- Gutter brush option is used to clean next to objects and curbs. The gutter brush sweeps the dirt into the path of the main sweeper.
- Water tanks and sprinkler system are more prevalent today because of the change is laws of containing dust when sweeping.